Every person aged 6 months and older needs the flu vaccine, every year. This is especially true this year, with COVID-19 also circulating widely in Contra Costa.
Flu viruses are unpredictable and can change over time. That is why we recommend that everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine every year. Flu vaccine will provide protection against three (trivalent vaccine) or four (quadrivalent vaccine) flu viruses and will be available in the fall throughout Contra Costa County at pharmacies, grocery stores, and other locations.
Find out where to get vaccinated
Flu Prevention Tips
It is important for everyone to take steps to protect themselves, their families and their community.
The best tool for prevention of flu is vaccination. Yearly influenza vaccination is recommended for everyone 6 months and older.
The best place to get vaccinated is at your regular health care provider or clinic. Find other locations in Contra Costa to get vaccinated.
Flu Vaccination Campaign
- Prevent the Flu
- Why Get a Flu Vaccine
- yourhealth: Is it a cold or the flu?
- Personal Stories of Vaccine-preventable Diseases
- A Mother's Loss (YouTube)
- Bad Case of Havin' the Flu | Audio (mp3)
- Practice What We Preach - Get Vaccinated
- I Choose to Immunize | Spanish
- Protect Yourself, Protect Your Family PSA (CDC) English | Spanish
- Five Minutes vs. Five Days: Stop the Spread Campaign
- Influenza (flu) Disease Webpage (CDPH)
- Seasonal Influenza (flu) Homepage (CDC)
- Influenza Vaccination/Masking Survey for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Influenza Vaccination/Masking Survey for Assisted Living Facilities
- Increase in Flu Activity is Reported – CDPH Press Release (1/11/2013)
- Flu is on the Rise in California – CDPH Press Release (12/31/2013)
- Timely Flu Vaccination Can Spare You Holiday Headache – Press Release (11/12/2013)
- Is it the Flu or the Cold? – Healthy Outlook (2/20/2013)
- Pregnancy is a Great Time to get a Flu Shot – Healthy Outlook (11/22/2013)
- Recommendations for the Prevention and Control of Influenza in California Skilled Nursing Facilities (CDPH)
- Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in Long-Term Care Facilities (CDC)
Schools & Child Care Settings
Healthcare & Residential Facilities
- Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) or Acute Respiratory Illness (ARI) Outbreak Management Checklist for Healthcare Facilities
- Infection Control Transfer Form – USE FOR TRANSFERS TO A HEALTHCARE FACILITY