Who Can Join
You are eligible if you live in Contra Costa County and have Medi-cal with no share of cost.
What You Get
- No copays or paperwork
- Advice nurse services 24 hours a day everyday
- Access to 3 provider networks
- Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and 11 neighborhood health centers
- Private Community Doctors and medical providers
- Kaiser in Contra Costa County (when Kaiser assignment criteria are met)
See our detailed documents:
- Member Handbook and Evidence of Coverage
- Provider Directory
- Approved Drug Formulary
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Kaiser Assignment Criteria
What You Pay
There is no cost to join the CCHP Medi-cal program.
What You Need to Do
Call Health Care Options at 1-800-430-4263 to request your Medi-cal Choice Enrollment Form. Look for the Medi-cal Choice enrollment form in the booklet. You can also send in the postcard that you received from Health Care Options to get your Medi-cal Choice form. This brochure details how to complete your application. [If you have any more questions, please call our marketing department at 1-800-211-8040]
If you have any more questions, please call our Marketing Department at 1-800-211-8040
Autism coverage for Medi-Cal beneficiaries is now a benefit
In order to qualify for this coverage, Medi-Cal beneficiaries must have:
- A comprehensive diagnostic evaluation indicating Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) based therapy is medically necessary
- A prescription from a licensed physician or psychologist for ABA services
- Prior authorization from CCHP
For more information, contact CCHP Member Services 1-877-661-6230 from Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Possibility of Contract Termination
Contra Costa Health Plan (CCHP) has a Medi/Cal contract with the California Department of Health Care Services (DHSC). At the end of each year, this contract is reviewed and either CCHP or DHCS can decide to end it. In this situation, members will get 90 days advance notice. It is also possible for our contract to end at some other time of the year. In this situation, CCHP will try to tell members 90 days in advance, but this advance notice may be as short as 30 or fewer days if DHCS must end our contract in the middle of the year.
Whenever a Medi/Cal contract with a health plan is terminated, members will be given a special enrolment period to choose another Medi/Cal plan.