Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Coalition
The Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Coalition is a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency collaborative that oversees implementation of the county's Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan.
The Coalition's goals are to raise community awareness about suicide and its causes, to decrease stigma around suicide and mental health, and support the development of resources that will help reduce suicide rates in Contra Costa County.
If you are experiencing a mental or emotional crisis or having thoughts of suicide, call 211 or text HOPE to 20121 any time of day or night.
The Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Coalition is not for crisis intervention.
- Create a countywide system of suicide prevention
- Increase interagency coordination and collaboration
- Implement education and training opportunities to prevent suicide
- Implement evidenced based practices to prevent suicide
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the county's suicide prevention efforts
The Coalition meets monthly, usually on the fourth Friday of the month from 9-10:30 a.m., and encourages public participation. Meetings are co-chaired by representatives from the Contra Costa Crisis Center and Behavioral Health Services' Mental Health Services Act program.
August 27, 2021 Agenda July 23, 2021 Agenda June 25, 2021 Agenda May 28, 2021 Agenda April 23, 2021 Agenda March 26, 2021 Agenda February 26, 2021 Agenda January 22, 2021 Agenda
- Contra Costa Crisis Center
- Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan
- Contra Costa Behavioral Health Access Line – 1-888-678-7277
- A Brighter Day Brochure
For more information about meetings, contact:
Tom Tamura, LMFT, Coalition Co-Chair
Jessica Hunt, LCSW, Coalition Co-Chair