Reducing Health Disparities
CCHS has a department-wide goal to reduce health disparities by addressing issues of diversity and linguistic and cultural competence. Read more in our progress report.
This vision can only be achieved through a multi-year, multi-strategy commitment to reduce health disparities in specific health conditions over time. The Health Director and Division Directors are committed to implementing three broad objectives as initial steps in reducing health disparities among the people serviced by Health Services programs.
The objectives are:
- Improve linguistic access.
- Implement training and related activities on diversity and cultural and linguistic access competence that will foster broad organizational growth and change.
- further develop an organizational climate that values patient, client, customer and employee diversity and addresses health disparities.
- Health Disparities in Contra Costa
- Community Health Indicators for Contra Costa County
- Overview of Five-Year Plan for Reducing Health and Health Care Disparities 2007-2012
Reducing Health Disparities Manager
50 Douglas Drive, Suite 310
Martinez, CA 94553